Soil Environment Services undertake factual geotechnical site investigation soil surveys for residential developments and self build projects. Our surveys have been used for NHBC warranty purposes and foundation design*.
All our geotechnical work complies with BS5930, BS1377 and Eurocode 7.
We can work in difficult access areas and leave virtually no disturbance.
Our typical geotechnical survey includes:
- Boreholes down to 10m bgl for a log of soil conditions and soil sampling.
- In-situ testing:
– In-situ soil shear strength using the GEOVANE shear vane
– SPT or Dynamic Probe (Super Heavy or Light) Testing for N value
- Soil testing for determination of:
– Plasticity index to assess soil shrink and swell
– Soil pH and Sulphates
- Factual report
– BH logs
– Drawing of BH locations
– Foundation depth re soil shrink/swell
– Presumed allowable bearing determined using industry software from N values
– Concrete specification re aggressive ground
Our typical survey without the soakaway test takes a day on site and results in almost no disturbance.
A soakaway test to BRE365 can also be undertaken if required.
*NHBC and structural engineer requirments for an investigation may vary and hence we recommend you consult with appropriate persons before finally instructing us to proceed.
Please contact us if you require this type of investigation.