Site Investigation, Soil Investigation and Ground Investigation for Foundations
All our site investigations and geotechnical work complies with BS5930, BS1377 and Eurocode 7.
We can work in difficult access areas and leave virtually no disturbance whilst carrying out a site investigation.
Our typical geotechnical survey includes:
- Boreholes to depth for a log of soil conditions and soil sampling.
- In-situ testing:
– SPT, Dynamic Probing or shear vane testing for ground strength
- Laboratory testing for determination of:
– Plasticity index to assess soil shrink and swell
– Soil pH and Sulphates for concrete specification
– Borehole logs
– Drawing of borehole locations and other site features of concern
– Foundation depth in relation to soil shrink/swell and nearby trees
– Ground bearing determined using industry software from N values
– Concrete specification re aggressive ground
Our typical survey takes less than a day on site. Please download our information sheet here.
Other associated tests we can undertake:
- Soakaway test to BRE365 specification or a ‘falling-head’ test in the boreholes.
- Waste Acceptance Criteria (WAC) testing to take material off site to landfill.
- Site contamination risk assessment.
- CBR testing on site for road and car park sub-base specification.
Soil Environment Services undertake this work across the UK.
*NHBC and structural engineer requirments for an investigation may vary and hence we recommend you consult with appropriate persons before finally instructing us to proceed.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements :