We undertake geotechnical site investigations and soil surveys for small residential developments and self build projects. Our surveys have been used for NHBC warranty purposes.
All our geotechnical work complies with BS5930 and BS1377.
We typically undertake geotechnical investigations for small residential developments to depths of 4 m bgl, can work in difficult access areas and leave virtually no disturbance.
Our typical geotechnical survey includes:
- Four boreholes to 4 m bgl for log of soil conditions and soil sampling.
- In-situ testing:
– In-situ soil shear strength using the GEOVANE shear vane in
– cohesive soils
– Light dynamic probing to assess ground profile and density in
– granular soils
- Soil sampling for determination of:
– Plasticity index to assess soil shrink and swell
– Soil pH and Sulphates
- Factual report to BS5930 to include:
– BH logs
– Drawing of BH locations
– Foundation depth re soil shrink/swell
– Presumed allowable bearing re Table 1 BS8004
– Concrete specification re aggressive ground
Our typical survey without the soakaway test takes a day on site and results in almost no disturbance.
A soakaway test to BS365 can also be undertaken if required.
Please contact us if you require this type of investigation.